Typical Friday conversation.
Me: “Big plans for the weekend?”
Other person: “Oh ya, going to the Braves game tonight, then tomorrow I’m running a race in the morning, then I’ll do a quick clean of the house, meet a friend for lunch, take my son to his baseball game in the afternoon, and go to a birthday party tomorrow night. Sunday we’ll go to church, then to my mamma’s for lunch, volunteer at a Habitat for Humanity house, and then have a barbecue. So a pretty quiet weekend.”
Other person: “What about you?”
Me: “Oh … have to run 7 miles on Saturday morning then spend the next 36 hours recovering with a bottle of Prosecco to the pool. Maybe a load of laundry.” And every Monday that’s about all I’ve accomplished (well, minus the Prosecco part. And the pool part.).
THIS WEEKEND I vow to accomplish something. Since they say you are more likely to complete a goal if you write it down and share it with people, here goes:
- Do my longest-ever run on Saturday morning – 7 miles.
- Laundry and a bit of housecleaning (what is a weekend without that?)
- Use my time in the sun doing something productive: Spend at least an hour seriously reading the Beck Diet Solution and working the exercises. Time is a wasting and I need to get myself motivated and organized to lose weight.
- Make a list of small projects for evenings, and schedule them so all is done by July 1st.
- Start a bucket list of fun summer activities, and then make firm plans (book hotels, flights, etc.)
- File that final tax form (on my to-do list for the last 6 weeks.)
- KonMari the linen closet.
- Make a nice dinner on Sunday.
- Cut out the next sewing project.
- Do something fun with G.
Oh, and absolutely spend some time at the pool. We’re well into June and my toes have not yet dipped into that chlorinated water!
What do you have planned for the weekend? Do you normally schedule a lot, or just let the days evolve?